Daniel B. Hess Jr.
Daniel B. Hess, Jr. was raised in Grand Rapids, MI. Daniel went on to attend Michigan State University where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice in 1992. Daniel then attended California Western School of Law, where he graduated in 1995.
While obtaining his law degree, Daniel interned at the San Diego County Public Defender's Office where he gained a tremendous amount of experience working within the criminal justice system. Daniel was admitted to the California Bar in 1997.
In 1999, Daniel accepted a position at Hess, Hess & Kmetz, PC along side his father, the late Daniel B. Hess, Sr and his uncle, the late John H. Hess. Daniel was admitted to the Michigan Bar in 2000.
While with Hess, Hess & Kmetz, PC, Daniel's main areas of practice were bankruptcy law, criminal law and family law with a primary focus on protecting men's rights through the firms affiliation with the American Divorce Association for Men (ADAM).
With the emergence of Gordon & Shaw, PLC, Daniel continues to seek justice for men in both the family and criminal court systems and to carry on the legal family tradition of his late father and uncle. Daniel is a strong and savvy advocate for mens rights and has obtained a significant amount of courtroom experience in his areas of practice.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law (Divorce, Custody, Parenting Time & Child Support)
- Criminal Law (Felony & Misdemeanors)
- Domestic Violence
- Drunk Driving
- Drivers License Restoration
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Wills & Trusts
- California, 1997
- Michigan, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1999
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1995
- Michigan State University
- B.A. - 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, 1997 - Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section, 2000 - Present
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2000 - Present